Freedom Bank of America considers the security of your financial information a top priority. We take numerous measures to ensure a safe and reliable online experience.
The first level of security is password protection. To gain access to accounts, users must verify their identity with a password. Freedom Bank of America will never ask you to disclose your password.
The second level of security is firewall protection. All Freedom Bank of America systems are protected with firewalls that limit access to only those customers providing the proper user I.D.’s and passwords.
The third level of security is 128 bit key SSL encryption. Before data is exchanged between the customer and the bank, it is encoded or scrambled with 128 bit key SSL encryption.
Internet Security Tips
- Never reveal your password to anyone or leave your password anywhere that someone else can obtain and use it.
- We will never ask you for your confidential account access information. If you receive a suspicious email or phone call, do not respond and contact us immediately at 727-820-8600 or email@example.com.
- Change your password on a regular basis.
- Choose passwords that are complex – use a mixture of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters. Avoid passwords that include your name, birth date or other easily obtainable information.
- Log off at the end of each Internet Banking session. Do not use the Back button to exit the site.
- Regularly scan your computer for viruses and spyware. Keep your anti-virus software updated to protect you from new and changing security threats.
- Use Internet Banking to monitor and balance your account regularly.
Additionally, the federal government provides significant protection. The same laws protecting you from fraudulent credit card usage also protects you from unauthorized online banking activity.